The Kazooist.zblorb

The Kazooist

by Charlie Marcou profile

Humor
2012

You are at your birthday party and your about to eat some cake and stuff, but then some weird stuff happens...

First Publication Date: November 25, 2012
Forgiveness Rating: Nasty
IFID: 9BD9DF20-FEA2-466E-92FE-E8AC92DF05B2
TUID: v06730xugqijxl1v

Zsssstt! Bzzsszzy! (kazoo sounds), February 11, 2016
by Wade Clarke (Sydney, Australia)
Related reviews: Inform, comedy
Intending to test a new IF interpreter, I downloaded a random, small game from my wishlist: The Kazooist. Then I discovered that the interpreter I'd planned to test doesn't actually run Z-Code games. Not being a total churl, I played the game anyway.

The Kazooist is a tiny and deliberately silly (goofy, unfocused, poorly spelled) game that's barely a step beyond a 'learning to program in Inform 7' exercise. I suppose I got off-side with it immediately because its first room contained only a Pretty Cake that had no description. Eating the cake takes you to a dreamworld where you'll theoretically learn to play the kazoo, or just play the kazoo, but in reality you won't do either of these things. There are a few props, also without descriptions, and some locked doors. I had the solution to what I think was the last puzzle but couldn't find the phrase that would execute it, though I tried about twenty possibilities. There was a strong vibe that the game would have ended had I solved that puzzle. The truth is that I don't really know if it would have.

I cannot recommend this game for playing, though good on the author for already having updated The Kazooist during its lifetime.

PS - It turns out that where I gave up wasn't the end. Read the comments for the input of others.

The Kazooist on IFDB

The Kazooist appears in the following Recommended Lists:

My new walkthroughs for May 2019 by David Welbourn
On Wednesday, May 29, 2019, I published new walkthroughs for the games listed below! Some of these were paid for by my wonderful patrons at Patreon. Please consider supporting me to make even more new walkthroughs for works of...

This is version 4 of this page, edited by David Welbourn on 30 May 2019 at 11:25am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item