Story file
I6 source
This is a pseudo-format used to represent download adviser records that apply to multiple formats. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Ombre

by Andrew Plotkin profile

Travel

Un jeu qui se passe dans votre appartement.

Language: French (fr)
First Publication Date: August 21, 2015
TUID: qlw5xfl1g4l2i0sb

French translation of Shade, by Andrew Plotkin

Effective in any language. Chilling., August 26, 2019
This game is the French translation (by Hugo Labrande and Monsieur Bouc) of Shade. I found it very useful to use Emily Short's French IF manual (translated by Eric Forgeot).

The translation is implemented very well, with many synonyms and verbs allowed. Due to my difficulty in completely understanding the French, I appreciated having the to-do list; it made completion much better (I had never used it in English; some of the lines made me chuckle).

A worthwhile play, both for Francophones and for others trying to learn French.

If you enjoyed Ombre...

People who like Ombre also gave high ratings to these games:

not knowing when the dawn will come, i open every door, by Patrick Fox
A man goes home to a small town in Quebec to investigate rumours about a haunted house next door to his childhood home.

Lies & Cigars, by Katherine Morayati
A mystery story, told in the format of a branching interview with multiple characters, set and photographed in Astoria, Queens. Originally commissioned for Now Play This, 2019.

Summit, by Phantom Williams
A dream-like journey through a drifting life. Headphones recommended.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by dutchmule on 20 September 2015 at 10:38pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item