Story file
I6 source
This is a pseudo-format used to represent download adviser records that apply to multiple formats. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Ombre

by Andrew Plotkin profile

Travel

Un jeu qui se passe dans votre appartement.

Language: French (fr)
First Publication Date: August 21, 2015
TUID: qlw5xfl1g4l2i0sb

French translation of Shade, by Andrew Plotkin

Effective in any language. Chilling., August 26, 2019
This game is the French translation (by Hugo Labrande and Monsieur Bouc) of Shade. I found it very useful to use Emily Short's French IF manual (translated by Eric Forgeot).

The translation is implemented very well, with many synonyms and verbs allowed. Due to my difficulty in completely understanding the French, I appreciated having the to-do list; it made completion much better (I had never used it in English; some of the lines made me chuckle).

A worthwhile play, both for Francophones and for others trying to learn French.

If you enjoyed Ombre...

People who like Ombre also gave high ratings to these games:

Lux, by Agnieszka Trzaska
You wander around in darkness – even though the lights are on. Sandra is the only one to survive a mysterious attack on a deep space mining station. She is alive, but has lost her vision. Now Sandra must navigate the dangerous, damaged...

Cat Simulator 2016, by helado de brownie
One afternoon, the most important cat around (read: the only one in the house) must set off on a quest fraught with peril, soul-searching, and friendship – all in the name of taking a snooze. Can you guide this cat to success? Or will it...

Pilgrimage, by Víctor Ojuel
Leave Rome in the dead of night. Pursue an hermetic quest throughout Medieval Europe. Find arcane knowledge or utter despair. Blessings of Babylon.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by dutchmule on 20 September 2015 at 10:38pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item