Play online (with CSS)

by Stephane F. profile

At home, safe and warm.
Everywhere : the night.
Outside, the storm.

« The Storm » is the english version of « La Tempête » released for the French comp 2018.

Translation by Stéphane F. and Jack Welch.

First Publication Date: January 3, 2019
License: Creative Commons
TUID: pdeztll2c9m0a4uo

English translation of La Tempête, by Stéphane F.

Brief, unusual existential horror, June 20, 2019
I played the French version of this game before. I like this game, it calls to my exact sort of tastes in games. But it may not call out to everybody. It's like Cannery Vale, which is one of my top 10 games of all time but which didn't win IFComp, or Creak, Creak, a tiny game by Chandler Groover.

In this game, you wake up in the middle of the night to strange sounds in the garden. You can explore your house, but everything seems off.

Great for fans of existential horror. Very short parser game.

Short eerie horror, October 11, 2020
by f-a
Quite a refreshing short experience, dealing with more than your usual gore+lovecraft horror trope.
Very good in doing what it does (there is no way for me to address it, without revealing the coup de théâtre), despite some minor writing flaws (Spoiler - click to show)(telling us how we feel. I was perfectly unsettled without being reminded I am horrified or that a shiver runs through my spine).

My suggestion to you is: play it! It is extremely short (coffee-break IF), and will add a thing or two to your IF and Horror experience.

If you enjoyed The Storm...