CrystalPalace.1.zip
Contains The Crystal Palace.zblorb
For all systems. To play, you'll need a Z-Machine Interpreter - visit Brass Lantern for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

The Crystal Palace

by Peter Orme profile

2011

Your decision to spend a quiet weekend in the cabin that belonged to your second cousin (now gone missing) was not so strange. The strange things only started afterwards, when you started poking around the cabin. Nobody could have guessed what you would discover...

The Crystal Palace was first published for the Thanksgiving Speed-IF 2011. The author intends to make at least a minor update, and greatly appreciates any feedback (plot holes, bugs, etc) to peterorme6@gmail.com

IFID: AC6A62E5-24C1-4C03-87AE-749166E714E3
TUID: nwsyyhdxj20lg6ya

Simple yet interesting.., December 5, 2011
As the description says, you are staying at a family member's cabin. As you play, you immediately notice that navigation is easy. Personally, I dont like games where it is a maze (I go west. Then I go east, but am not where i previously was. see what i mean?). This is clear, easy navigation. The game also captures your interest and the flow picks up quick. Only con is that its short. I do believe tho, not to spoil anything, that the game could possibly be longer than my experience based on the beginning events. I think I just simply got "lucky" and hit the jackpot right off.

Pros: Interesting, Easy to navigate, Good puzzles
Cons: Short

If you enjoyed The Crystal Palace...

People who like The Crystal Palace also gave high ratings to these games:

All Alone, by Ian Finley

Photopia, by Adam Cadre

Cabin Fever, by Dr. Froth
An entry in the 2007 One Room Game competition. You are on vacation in a cabin far from anywhere, snowed in, unable to reach civilization for several hours at least. You are bored.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Emily Boegheim on 6 December 2011 at 6:56am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item