Story File, version 1.1ee

Exactly 14 syllables... er, gulps!

by Valentine Kopteltsev

Humor

By a hard day's night you're at home, as usual. Time to have some beer before going to bed...

An English translation of the entry in the Vzhzh-Vzhzh! competition from February 2013.

First Publication Date: August 20, 2013
Current Version: Version 1.1ee
TUID: i8foq0z7ko6lk20h

The prize for most intricately implemented table goes to..., August 26, 2013
by Hanon Ondricek (United States)
This is a Russian speed-IF written TADS for the Vzhzh-Vzhzh! contest, the game explains to me. "Vzhzh" is the sound of moving fast, it also says. The rules require a wet and dry pair of twins, talking inanimate objects, and fourteen syllables in the title.

The title doesn't have fourteen syllables, but perhaps it just may be a translation issue. The other two requirements are met. And...hurray! It's not written in TWINE!

It's not a particularly long game, but the goal is to drink beer. The obstacle to this is comical and it's very well-implemented for a Speed IF. I did notice on a restart that the game won't let you do some things until certain points. For example I couldn't call the books by their nicknames, nor could I interact with the extremely complicated table until it became completely necessary to.

Good effort, I completed the game in about 20 minutes, and I am usually horrible with one-puzzle games.

[Note: At the time of this writing, the download link does not work. I had to obtain it from the IF Archive directly at http://www.ifarchive.org/if-archive/games/tads/e14s.gam ]

This is version 1 of this page, edited by uux on 25 August 2013 at 2:22pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item