A Game of Life and Death

by Kiel Farren

Story no longer available, September 7, 2018
Note:

This story has been unpublished from ChooseYourStory and the author banned.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm sure you'll find other games (if you come by chooseyourstory.com I recommend Rogues, by Endmaster) and I hope the rest of your day is lovely.

- E.K., September 5, 2018

- Floating Info, May 14, 2014

- Mr. Patient (Saint Paul, Minn.), April 23, 2014

Great untraditional horror game!, April 18, 2014

Although I usually don't care for horror games that much, I did enjoy this game. My problem with horror most of the time is that the focus is on making it scary, rather than making it good. This game, depending on which course you take, can be really scary (albeit not terrifying), but no matter what you do, it is an interesting, suspenseful, action-filled game. I'm not a fan of gamebook-style games (also known as Choose Your Own Adventure), and that's one of my few complaints. I prefer the text-adventure style. I also wish there was a way to turn off pictures, which kind of destroy the reason that IF is greater than video games (in my opinion anyway); IF makes you use your imagination. Aside from that, though, the game is pretty good, and I'd recommend it.