Death By Powerpoint

by Jack Welch profile

This Halloween, you have a PowerPoint presentation to deliver.

And delivery it you will.

Even if it kills you.

First Publication Date: October 26, 2018
License: Creative Commons
TUID: ddg3w64u7irwweca

Entrant, Le Grand Guignol - EctoComp 2018

Frankly amazing story about trying to give a powerpoint presentation, November 4, 2018
Sometimes Twine games just click for me, and sometimes they don't.

Two ways they can fail is to either encourage/require you to just click everything, or to have trivial choices that clearly don't effect the story.

This gave really gave me the feeling of strategy. Even if it was an illusion, I felt like I could play a specific kind of character and have it matter.

The game contains some highly unusual events, part of which gets explained near the end of the game. I don't think everyone will love this game, but I know many others who also like it. For me, this is the kind of Twine writing that very few people get right: Hennessay, Dalmady, Corfman, Lutz and Porpentine, a few others. Welch can write with the best!

If you enjoyed Death By Powerpoint...

People who like Death By Powerpoint also gave high ratings to these games:

The PK Girl, by Robert Goodwin, Helen Trevillion, Nanami Nekono, and Oya-G

Hansel et Gretel - La Revanche, by Corax
Incarnez Hansel et, aidé de votre sœur Gretel, affrontez d'impitoyables sorcières au cours d'une histoire sombre et un peu décalée. Énigmes, combats tactiques et gros flingues au rendez-vous !

Depression Quest, by Zoe Quinn, Patrick Lindsey, Isaac Schankler
"An interactive (non)fiction about living with depression." The player of this multimedia hypertext game is given a series of everyday life events, and has to attempt to manage their illness, relationships, job, and possible treatment....

Death By Powerpoint appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Great "white hat" horror games by genre by MathBrush
This list does not include games intended to disgust or to make you personally feel evil. The focus is on games where good overcomes evil, or that just make you think. That is what I mean by "white hat" games. Games like Vespers or...

Games that made me smile by MathBrush
I wanted to do a list of comedy games, but I think people rarely think "I want to play a comedy game"; to me, the phrase brings up some kind of jokey, goofy game, like many of the poorly made Twine games that people make now. Instead,...

This is version 3 of this page, edited by dhakajack on 6 November 2018 at 2:53pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item