Each-uisge

by Jac Colvin

There is an old adage: When you hear hoofbeats, think horses.

However that particular piece of advice does not always hold true.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2019
Development System: ChoiceScript
TUID: d9j9qyq6zfka25zg

A Scottish horror story in the days of horse-drawn carts, October 9, 2019
This game satisfies my criteria for 5 stars:

Polish: This game has been well-tested, includes achievements and stats, has a pleasing choice structure.

Descriptive: The mother, Macleod, the protagonist, and especially the horse were vivid characters.

Interactivity: I felt like I had real choices that could affect the game, and saw the effect of some of those choices.

Emotional impact: I was drawn into the story and could identify with the protagonist.

Would I play again?: I would definitely revisit this. Lovely game.

In this game, you play a young girl who suspects that there is something unusual about her neighbors new horse. She's drawn into a web of tales and choices, and has to decide whether to obey her mother or follow her own mind.

If you enjoyed Each-uisge...

People who like Each-uisge also gave high ratings to these games:

Blighted Isle, by Eric Eve
Blockade duty in the Bay of Biscay, vile weather, and an unplanned jaunt over the side of the ship into the tossing waves. But instead of drowning, you end up on an island that has no right to be there - and that's just the start of your...

A Beauty Cold and Austere, by Mike Spivey
That survey course in conceptual mathematics seemed like a good idea at the start of the term - no graded homework, no midterm exams - just an oral final at the end. But now that final is tomorrow morning. After months of procrastination...

Best Gopher Ever, by Arthur DiBianca
Help the unfortunate residents of Fairview! (Who are all animals, by the way.) A light puzzle game for all ages.

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Jacic on 11 October 2019 at 7:35pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item