Each-uisge

by Jac Colvin

There is an old adage: When you hear hoofbeats, think horses.

However that particular piece of advice does not always hold true.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2019
Development System: ChoiceScript
TUID: d9j9qyq6zfka25zg

A Scottish horror story in the days of horse-drawn carts, October 9, 2019
This game satisfies my criteria for 5 stars:

Polish: This game has been well-tested, includes achievements and stats, has a pleasing choice structure.

Descriptive: The mother, Macleod, the protagonist, and especially the horse were vivid characters.

Interactivity: I felt like I had real choices that could affect the game, and saw the effect of some of those choices.

Emotional impact: I was drawn into the story and could identify with the protagonist.

Would I play again?: I would definitely revisit this. Lovely game.

In this game, you play a young girl who suspects that there is something unusual about her neighbors new horse. She's drawn into a web of tales and choices, and has to decide whether to obey her mother or follow her own mind.

If you enjoyed Each-uisge...

People who like Each-uisge also gave high ratings to these games:

Summit, by Phantom Williams
A dream-like journey through a drifting life. Headphones recommended.

Heretic Dreams, by Hannah Powell-Smith
They would call what you did heresy. No one knows you swallowed the power of a god, but it will break you apart.

One Eye Open, by Caelyn Sandel (as Colin Sandel) and Carolyn VanEseltine
Had you known the bloody history of Corona Labs, you would never have signed up as a test subject. But now, plunged into that history, surrounded by the damned and the dying, you must find the truth. Perhaps you will even survive it.

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Jacic on 11 October 2019 at 7:35pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item