AND WHEN I SQUINT IT LOOKS LIKE CHRISTMAS

by Norbez profile

Oh no! Young Polly has been transported to a strange, magical land by an evil wizard. Help her get back home in this Twine adventure! This game was designed as a young player's first introduction to hypertext interactive fiction, but has a story that's sure to charm readers of all ages. It's around 40,000 words, but is split up into good-sized chapters, and a save feature to mark your place when you need to stop reading. Enjoy!

First Publication Date: October 1, 2017
TUID: d64lo2cr8zlc7toi

29th Place - 23rd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2017)

Basically a children's novella with some interactivity, November 16, 2017
I could see myself picking this book up and reading it in the library. You play as an orphan who gets sucked into another world by a mysterious stranger.

This other world is an Oz-like fantasy world that is creatively engineered. A long story plays out.

There's not much interactivity to speak of, though there are options scattered throughout. But I liked this; it reminded me of 'pulpy' kids books that I read when I was a teenager, like Deltora quest.

If you enjoyed AND WHEN I SQUINT IT LOOKS LIKE CHRISTMAS...

People who like AND WHEN I SQUINT IT LOOKS LIKE CHRISTMAS also gave high ratings to these games:

Bloody Raoul, by Caleb Wilson (as Ian Cowsbell)
Summer in Saturnine. What a night for knife punks!

Capsule II - The 11th Sandman, by PaperBlurt
There's this pause on the Makida every time the current Sandman goes back into the cryotube, and before the new one awakes. A certain calm where all is still. The Makida's dull hum is heard, but that is all. No footsteps. No whispers. No...

Shades of Gray, by Mark Baker, Steve Bauman, Belisana, Mike Laskey, Judith Pintar, Cindy Yans, and Hercules

This is version 3 of this page, edited by DashT on 4 February 2018 at 7:06pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item