Minimalism Textual Adventure

Development System: quest
IFID: F63B9D83-8224-4DA7-B2E2-74373CA3E9F8
TUID: ce6h6lt5zkyvuoi1

Minimalism in a good way, May 3, 2014
by Simon Deimel (Germany)
A minimalistic CYOA game that consists of nothing more than colored squares displaying room names, objects or incidents that take place, followed by keywords as choices. It should be mentioned that both elements are written in English and in French.

The lack of narrative elements is something I usually do not find appealing, but to my surprise it was different here: Being confronted with nothing else than single words I felt motivated to think about them, and a narrative of my own came up in my mind. The game manages to tell a story without existing prose, and despite its sparse style I got the feeling that there was a plot, at least for me. The style of the game inspires the readers' fantasy, encourages them to make up parts of the story for themselves.

Principally this piece of work is recommendable for everyone who does not feel offended by the lack of words (some people may consider it to be a sign of laziness, but it can also be a stylistic device). Especially recommendable for people who like something different and experimental.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by textadventures.co.uk robot on 23 May 2013 at 10:26am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item