The Larry Parable
Play online at textadventures.​co.​uk

The Larry Parable

by Sophie Ward

Simulation

Influenced by the game, The Stanley Parable.

First Publication Date: November 7, 2013
Development System: quest
IFID: 740BA620-5EBB-4935-BB52-3A2224CDC07F
TUID: c0ojz0j7b5dsmo7g

Not brilliant, but pretty entertaining, December 12, 2013
Firstly, I'm fairly obsessed with The Stanley Parable, so I was thrilled to find an IF tribute to it.

So. The Larry Parable isn't nearly as rich or complex as the original (partly, of course, because it's just a demo so far), with only two choices per scene (if you're lucky). However, the Narrator's voice is pretty spot on and a very entertaining constant throughout your little adventure. While some of the humour is a bit too silly for my personal taste, there are several hilarious lines: the response to repeated button-pushing, for instance, and several others which I won't spoil.

The game seems a bit unpolished. It seems weird to list your options in plain text and then have the links below, but I can't figure out whether that's a coding error or intentional.

To sum up: shallow and silly, but should provide a decent amount of entertainment, whether you're familiar with The Stanley Parable or not. If it gets made into a full-length game, I'll play it.

Shows promise, November 9, 2013
by Jason Lautzenheiser (Navarre, Ohio)
This showed some promise. The writing wasn't bad, though there were some odd switches between second and third person that were a bit jarring when it happened. Despite that, I was pulled into the story. The narrator was an interesting dynamic to the story as he was a character himself and you could see the conflict and frustration of the narrator when Larry didn't do what he wanted him to. That I enjoyed and added a layer to the story I find it hard to find. I felt though it wasn't complete so the ending was kind of abrupt (unless that was a plot point I just didn't get)

This is version 1 of this page, edited by textadventures.co.uk robot on 8 November 2013 at 6:42am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item