Steam
for Windows, Mac, and Linux
App Store
for iPhone, iPad, and iPod
Google Play Store
for Android

DinoKnights

by KT Bryski

Saddle up to defend the realm on dino-back!

Once a humble farmer’s child, you’ve been accepted into Queen Isobel's Rangers: brave knights who patrol the kingdom of Pascalia on scaly beasts. But just as you receive your own dino and begin your career as a knight-ranger, you discover evil forces are converging to destroy the Queen, and Pascalia itself.

DinoKnights is a 177,000-word interactive fantasy novel by K.T. Bryski, where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

Enemies and terrifying foes surround you: but whom should you fear most? The Dread Wizard Sargossa, raising an army of un-dead dragons, or an enemy much closer to the court—the Queen's own sister, Ermessen? And what about your burgeoning talent for magic? Will you hone your powers to save your village and fight Sargossa? With a dinosaur at your side and sword in hand—the realm’s fate rests on you!

• Play as male, female, or non-binary; gay, straight, or ace.
• Choose one of six different dinosaurs as your steed, including allosaurus, triceratops, and velociraptor!
• Foil a palace coup—or join it, instead!
• Hit the training yard with your dino, or spend your time cozying up to nobles and mages.
• Find love with the royal heir, a charming bard, or a powerful mage!
• Discover your secret, magical heritage.
• Fight to save your own home village from destruction.
• Defend the poorest peasants, or win fame in Royal Tournaments.

Evil is waking, and Pascalia needs you. Will you and your dinosaur answer the call?

First Publication Date: August 28, 2018
License: Commercial
Development System: ChoiceScript
TUID: 8zte5czquqmi8ngk

A swords and sorcery game with a younger tone and tons of dinosaurs, August 17, 2020
Related reviews: about 2 hours
This game is basically exactly what the title promises. It is a sword and sorcery game with dinosaurs everywhere.

Strip away the dinosaurs, and it is polished but generic swords and sorcery. The only real weapons mentioned are swords; there is magic, but it generally just does whatever you want without any sort of system; everyone has a class of some type, either a bard or a ranger or a wizard. The enemies are (Spoiler - click to show)dragons and a necromancer.

It's also oriented towards a younger audience, I believe. The language seems intentionally simple, the romances involve mostly hugging and kissing (which is fine with me). Everything is telegraphed and/or on-the-nose. Although you are an adult, there are segments like seeking admittance to wizard school or looking up info on dinosaurs that are more reminiscent of junior fiction.

None of this is necessarily bad. I think this would make a great Wesnoth campaign, for instance. And it had a definite narrative arc and some great characters. I enjoyed my neurodivergent partner who disliked crowds and touch, as well as my velociraptor Rex.

I had the chance to be evil at one point, and I took it. The game didn't really seem to want to commit to me being evil, but I did anyway, although I betrayed my new ally in the end and sided with others.

If you enjoyed DinoKnights...