wraith.zip *
Contains WB.D$$
Requires an AGT interpreter - see Brass Lantern for download links.
wraithsol.zip *
solution and map in GUEmap format

Wraith Blaster

by Ken Dibble

Space Exploration
1992

Development System: AGT
IFID: AGT-02001-00008B59
TUID: 83ik1gsm6zq7o3gj

Yes, you've guessed it: Elite (the clone) as a text adventure. Reading through the first batch of instructions I felt quite excited as I contemplated dashes across the galaxy, solving problems on certain worlds, trading as I went along and there would be no high pitch peeping as I went through hyperspace. How deceiving first impressions can be. [...] And so the game went on, take off, bleep, threaten, land, bleep again, nip to Fred's for a quick trade and then back to the beginning of this sentence. As I said, hi dee ho dee hum.

Wraith Blaster on IFDB

The following polls include votes for Wraith Blaster:

Trading and Buying Games by Emily Short
Games where a significant portion of the gameplay involves buying, selling, or trading items, especially if there are tactical advantages associated with different objects and the player has to decide which things to acquire for what...

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Edward Lacey on 10 March 2013 at 11:34am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item