The Unfinished Country

by Phantom Williams profile

post-apocalyptic, sci-fi, journey

A post-apocalyptic story of power, corruption, fear, hunger, waiting.

First Publication Date: June 21, 2014
License: Free
TUID: 6j6zhwtau4d0oy0j

Unpleasant, November 2, 2014
This was... well done, I guess. But very much not my kind of story. Maybe fans of Cormac McCarthy's The Road would like it?

Every element of the storygame was just so... unpleasant that near the end I almost stopped because the unrelenting unlikability of the point of view I embodied was forcing me to disengage. I'm not sure there was much payoff either.

Still, it was well put together, and I'm sure people who like that kind of thing will enjoy it.

If you enjoyed The Unfinished Country...

People who like The Unfinished Country also gave high ratings to these games:

At Anchor, by B Minus Seven
You go on shore for fresh water.

Rogue of the Multiverse, by C.E.J. Pacian
Congratulations, convict 76954! You have been selected for scientific experimentation! You will be matter-transmitted to exotic non-Treaty worlds - where opportunities abound to take in fantastic sights and mingle with colourful locals!

Seedship, by John Ayliff
An AI ship full of frozen colonists must find the best planet to be the new home of the human race.

This is version 6 of this page, edited by phantomwilliams on 21 June 2014 at 7:58pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item