The Unfinished Country

by Phantom Williams profile

post-apocalyptic, sci-fi, journey

A post-apocalyptic story of power, corruption, fear, hunger, waiting.

First Publication Date: June 21, 2014
License: Free
TUID: 6j6zhwtau4d0oy0j

Unpleasant, November 2, 2014
This was... well done, I guess. But very much not my kind of story. Maybe fans of Cormac McCarthy's The Road would like it?

Every element of the storygame was just so... unpleasant that near the end I almost stopped because the unrelenting unlikability of the point of view I embodied was forcing me to disengage. I'm not sure there was much payoff either.

Still, it was well put together, and I'm sure people who like that kind of thing will enjoy it.

If you enjoyed The Unfinished Country...

People who like The Unfinished Country also gave high ratings to these games:

Ether, by MathBrush
"For the first time in centuries, something is different. Your tentacles tingle as you float to the east past icebergs and whirlwinds. You skirt a pocket of hot air, bounce through a field of ice, and finally come upon a massive...

Bronze, by Emily Short
When the seventh day comes and it is time for you to return to the castle in the forest, your sisters cling to your sleeves.

ULTRA BUSINESS TYCOON III, by Porpentine
Iíve finally finished porting and cracking an old edutainment game from the 90′s. Please enjoy.

This is version 6 of this page, edited by phantomwilliams on 21 June 2014 at 7:58pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item