The Factory
Download at textadventures.​co.​uk
Play online at textadventures.​co.​uk

The Factory

by SollyStartles

Awakened by the deep moans of metal and cranks, you find yourself in the maze of a factory.

The Factory where dreams die.

Did you commit the murder?

Or not.

First Publication Date: December 31, 2013
Development System: quest
IFID: BD78CD02-5376-4F35-8B12-F8E8AABA0F9F
TUID: 5niwctkkjg27m18

Nothing new, I'm afraid, January 6, 2014
This game was very hard for me to navigate, and the formatting was very unpolished and very outdated-looking. But once I did, I... honestly wasn't very impressed. The choices were extremely limited and the game was very short; I think I managed to get all the endings in about four minutes.

As for the story... well, it knows what it /wants/ to be, I'll give it that. But it really fails in the execution. There isn't any atmosphere at /all/, an d the writing is sub-par. The actual story is fairly simple. (Spoiler - click to show)The player character, Stuart, murders/witnesses the suicide of his mother. But it's poorly done, and has absolutely no impact - it's not interesting, not emotional, and not in a million years /scary/. There's no room left for thought in the prose - when the grammar is proper it just tells the story in a flat, boring way. But the grammar is usually just confusing. In all honesty, it reads like a bad creepypasta by a twelve year old, and has about as much 'horror' as one of those.

This strikes me as a very first-attempt-y game, and /that/ makes me sorry for being so harsh with it. The author is young or doesn't have a great handle on English, so I can be a little more lenient on them for that. But it doesn't excuse a boring, unscary game that's trying to do things it has no business attempting.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by textadventures.co.uk robot on 31 December 2013 at 7:08am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item