Pensées Profondes

by White Fangs

2020

Plonger dans l’esprit de quelqu’un, c’est comme entrer dans un tunnel. On s’abandonne à l’imagination d’un autre, on avance dans le noir, nos choix laissent place au hasard. Et l’histoire dans ce tunnel, était-ce un accident ? Ou bien un meurtre prémédité ? Un complot ? Ou le destin ? Chacun explore ces pensées profondes pour une raison différente, mais personne n’y trouve les réponses qu’il espérait. En fin de compte, il y a toujours un choix, mais sauront-ils l’accepter ?

Language: French (fr)
First Publication Date: January 20, 2020
TUID: 43yipsrj5ufib7zp

A long, obscurely written French Twine game with minimal choices, February 28, 2020
This is game that is hard for me to review, in many ways.

First, it was difficult to play. It is in French, not my native language, but it also is written in a very allegorical and elusive style. It is very long, with at least four chapters each with a dozen or more pieces. I encountered a bug while looking at my objects list at the very end of Ch. 3 where the link to return to the main story disappeared.

Also, it's hard to say what score to assign. According to my rubric, I give 1 point for being polished (it is), 1 point for being descriptive (which it also is), and 1 point for interactivity (despite the fact it's linear, giving me a choice to see the objects page or not was in fact useful). But I didn't feel an emotional impact as the scenes were too disconnected, and I was too exhausted by it to play again. I believe that many of these problems would be mitigated for a Francophone.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by Nighten on 20 January 2020 at 5:32am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item