Missing Grandpa- Lost in Time.zblorb

First Publication Date: March 19, 2012
License: Free
TUID: 3jo2k7n9tyazupik

Not to Judge a Game by It's Cover, But..., April 10, 2012
Oddly, the cover (or image) caught me on this game. I thought it looked like it would be funny.

It wasn't.

Upon opening up the game, you find out that Grandpa is missing (hence the title) and for a moment it rang true of the Mulldoon Legacy.

That's about as far as the comparison's got. My frustrations began after the first paragraph (Spoiler - click to show) when you were told that there were notes on the table, yet you couldn't read them or interact wit them. There is a journal yet, you can't read it or examine it. All you are told is that there is no such thing.

The next problem came up when (Spoiler - click to show) after finding out that you can't read the notes, that the only way you can truly figure out a way to get through is by hitting the random directions of N,S,E,W, which did move you along.

After hitting the (Spoiler - click to show) east direction you find Grandpa younger making moonshine and I thought oh goody! Something good will happen! It turns out that (Spoiler - click to show) I was wrong. Whatever you say to Grandpa turns out to be related to you shutting up so he can make his moonshine.

Still feeling hopeful, I decided to hit the random directions again, and when I hit (Spoiler - click to show) south, I found a futuristic Grandpa. And I couldn't say anything to him or interact with him in any way

I decided at that point it wasn't worth continuing on. It doesn't seem like too much thought went into the game at all, which is tragic because, like I said, the cover looked like it would be funny.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by BeckyKinkead on 19 March 2012 at 9:34am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item