evil.z5

by Gren Remoz

2001

IFID: ZCODE-1-010902-88E4
TUID: 1ayohfkmq2ravuwz

20th Place - 7th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2001)

Somehow, the whole thing seemed to be the product of some fairly surface thinking. As a result, I never felt particularly immersed in the game. It's not that it was terribly offensive or outright bad, but its various problems and its by-the-numbers nature kept me at arm's length. Given that these were more or less the exact criticisms leveled at my first game, I understand very well how they can happen, and I'm optimistic that the author's next work can build on this game's strengths while addressing its weaknesses.

A somewhat buggy and underclued fantasy adventure that grew on me, July 16, 2017
This game has a lot of bad signs; typos/grammar errors, the plot is literally 'destroy the evil sorcerer', random text dumps happen.

But it actually seems pretty original later on; there are several NPCs, a house with an unusual layout, an island to wander around, and an unexpected story.

I had to read the accompanying transcript, but I liked this in the end.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Paul O'Brian on 24 April 2008 at 11:33am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item