ShuffleComp: Disc 2 Download
Walkthrough
by the author
Walkthrough and maps
Verbose walkthrough and maps by David Welbourn.

Comrade

by Roger Carbol (as Urist Uristson) profile

science fiction

An entry in ShuffleComp: Disc 2. Inspired by "Rossiya" by Laibach, "Cha Cha on the Moon" by Pat Reader, "Rocket Man" by Iron Horse, and "Russian Roulette" by Rihanna.

First Publication Date: May 7, 2015
IFID: 8E0187BF-0920-419A-AFC7-43EF08E1A43E
TUID: xljv83chcql6ck

Entrant - ShuffleComp: Disc 2

Sci-fi Inform murder mystery with Russian theme and some bugs , February 3, 2016
In this game, you play a Russian official investigating a death on the moon with the help of your trusty robot DUFFY. As you gather evidence and use DUFFY to analyze it, you come to discover who the true murderer was.

This is a shufflecomp game, and as such it was produced quickly, and it shows. Trying to reenter the shuttle you came in from is frustrating; you can't x shuttle, enter shuttle, up, down, go in any direction, open shuttle, etc. By consulting the walkthrough, I discovered that the correct response was "in".

There are numerous NPC's, but for most of them I found only a single topic that they respond to.

The base itself is well-designed; for some reason I enjoyed the wide use of diagonal directions, and the sickle-shape of the base.

Unfortunately, I was unable to complete the game, as the walkthrough does not work at one point (Spoiler - click to show)You cannot go down in the greenhouse, and no other command such as open grill or x shutters could get me into the air duct. However, I wish I could; the writing isn't perfect, the npcs aren't implemented very strongly, but somehow it all comes together to a game that is actually very fun.

Edit: Another user showed me how to finish the game, and the additional content made the game much better for me. It feels larger.

This is version 9 of this page, edited by David Welbourn on 19 June 2015 at 9:12pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item