An Earth Turning Slowly

by Mæja Stefánsson profile

She ran through her list of findings. “We’ve never had one quite like her. The diversity of simultaneous wounds, I mean, in a surviving specimen. There’s this long-standing hand-wave in paleopathology: we assume that multi-wound healing in dinosaurs was mediated the same way it is in birds, never mind the millions of years of intervening evolution. Now we can start to fill that gap in.”

First Publication Date: May 13, 2014
Development System: Undum
IFID: A7798F78-C870-11E2-90CC-606C662AE7E3
TUID: x9dlebr63qf47px5

Nominee, Best Use of Innovation - 2014 XYZZY Awards

Commended - ShuffleComp 2014

A complex undum mix of parser and choice about dinosaurs, June 26, 2016
In this game (15-30 minutes long), you play as various PCs working on a new planet with dinosaur-like alien. They are so similar, in fact, that you can use them to study earth's own dinosaurs.

The highlight of this game is the new text input system, where you start typing and it autocompletes into various choices. The idea here is that it's still a choice game, but you can't see the choices unless you guess some. However, it's very heavily hinted, so it ends up being more like a regular choice game with longer input times.

Although each part of this game was a bit iffy, the overall experience was nice, and I would recommend this for others to try out.

If you enjoyed An Earth Turning Slowly...

Other members recommend these games for people who like An Earth Turning Slowly, or gave both high ratings:

A Colder Light, by Jon Ingold
The last light has gone. The stars are coming out in the black sea above. Many are hidden by ice-fingered winds. My father is still not returned and the fire is almost gone. But this is how life is: always an edge. A thin sheet on a...

Witch's Girl, by Geoff Moore

The King of Shreds and Patches, by Jimmy Maher
January 14th Dear friend. My sojourn in parts foreign is at an ende. I am at lodgings in Southwark not far from the bridge at Stoney Street, come dine with me two days hence to ring in the newe year. I have not enjoyed amiable English...

The following polls include votes for An Earth Turning Slowly:

For Your Consideration: Games from 2014 that should be nominated for the XYZZY Awards by Molly
There were a lot of great games released in the past year, and now that the XYZZYs are coming up, it seems like a very good idea to take a poll of all the games from last year people would like to see nominated. The management has asked...

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Mæja on 23 May 2014 at 10:12pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item