Play online at itch.io

Aquarium

by Hannah Powell-Smith profile

Episode 1 of Cute Guys (And The Lies You Tell Them)
Romance

You're seventeen. It's dark in here.

Aquarium is a story game about skipping school with a cute boy. There are multiple endings.

You can play in your browser on most devices - Internet Explorer will not work, though, you have been warned.

First Publication Date: April 7, 2014
TUID: tm4gyzvk4kjcfi

A mid-length, complicated Twine game about a date and secrets, February 3, 2016
I came to this game after playing the sequel, and I loved learning more about the protagonist. This series is about a young girl who has deep secrets, and the men she is involved with.

The links in this game are cleverly colored, with one color for cycling text, another for branches, etc. This makes the game much more enjoyable than standard Twine.

The story is about a date with a boy after ditching school. Both of you have secrets. The game is pretty complicated, with many options to branch out on.

The one thing I didn't like as much was the styling. It looks like an aquarium, which really fits the story, but I found it mildly irritating. I loved the CSS of Thanksgiving, the sequel. However, this is a minor complaint.

If you enjoyed Aquarium...

People who like Aquarium also gave high ratings to these games:

Seeds and Solutions, by Caelyn Sandel
It's a beautiful day, and all I want is to hear the story of how my people came to be! Root-mother won't give the story up for free, though; she's going to send me through bog and taiga, from the old well to the mouth of the desert, all...

Glass, by Emily Short
The Prince sits awkwardly on the couch, holding his glass slipper and trying to keep it from crushing. Lucinda and Theodora have the ends of the same couch, and they are taking turns seeing who can bend lowest and show off the most...

Hana Feels, by Gavin Inglis
Something is bothering Hana. Can you work out what it is? Take the part of four important people in her life and guide their conversations. After each scene, peek at Hana's journal and find out how she felt about the things you said.

This is version 9 of this page, edited by Hannah Powell-Smith on 18 April 2016 at 11:30am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item