Play online

Seeds and Solutions

by Caelyn Sandel profile

Episode 1 of The Seedling Sequence

It's a beautiful day, and all I want is to hear the story of how my people came to be!

Root-mother won't give the story up for free, though; she's going to send me through bog and taiga, from the old well to the mouth of the desert, all to fetch ingredients for my tonic-brewing lessons.

All I wanted was a story! Being apprentice root-mother is hard!

Language: English (en-us)
First Publication Date: August 15, 2015
TUID: tk9rhjy57wkhwsvw

Interpreting clues and gathering plants, September 4, 2016
by verityvirtue (London)
Related reviews: sanguine
[Time to completion: 10-15 minutes]

In this small, exploration-based Twine, you are apprentice to root-mother Manya, and in exchange for story, you must help fetch herbs. The challenge here is in interpreting the indirect clues to match the description of the plants you find.

This game is relatively simple, and certainly has few frills. Nonetheless, I enjoyed this; I've found precious little IF about botany and plants (apart from Starry Seeksorrow; recommendations would be welcome), even though the act of collecting plants suits itself well to the traditional treasure hunt mechanic.

If you enjoyed Seeds and Solutions...

People who like Seeds and Solutions also gave high ratings to these games:

Yesterday, You Saved the World, by Astrid Dalmady
Today you are only Lucy Newman, eighth grader, C student, nobody. But yesterday, you were cosmic. Yesterday, you were a magical girl. Yesterday, you saved the world.

Ollie Ollie Oxen Free, by Carolyn VanEseltine
"War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is always an evil, never a good. We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other's children." - Jimmy Carter

Ash, by Lee Grey
Ash is an autobiographical story about the final days of life, and the loss of a parent.

The following polls include votes for Seeds and Solutions:

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Emily Boegheim on 16 May 2016 at 9:26am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item