Game page
Playable for free on sub-Q Magazine.

Lyreless

by Bruno Dias profile

A man heads into hell to seek out his lost lover; there he has to decide how much of himself to leave behind.

First Publication Date: December 1, 2015
Current Version: 1/4
Development System: Undum
IFID: EA4ED225-5B96-4E77-8F26-DE1AA4DC5D34
TUID: pmqhytfqct5lf1sq

A retelling of Orpheus and Euydice with a tinge of horror , February 3, 2016
This is a mid length Twine game published in Sub-Q magazine. You play Orpheus, descending to the depths of he'll to retrieve Eurydice.

The beginning diverges sharply from the original narrative, owing more to Our Angelical Understanding than to the ancient poets. As the game continues, though, it draws nearer, until it reaches the same endless feeling of the original at the end.

The game includes some body horror, such as pre-modern-medicine surgery, deformed corpses, etc. It's roughly similar to the amount of horror in the film What Dreams May Come.

Overall, an effective piece.

If you enjoyed Lyreless...

People who like Lyreless also gave high ratings to these games:

The Beetmonger's Journal, by Scott Starkey
"Victor Lapot and I were miles from base camp on the south continent, once again hacking through previously unsurveyed lands and searching for forgotten cultures. The expedition reminded me of our grand adventures of old, that is, if I...

Babel, by Ian Finley

The barbarians are coming!, by Daniel Kosacki
My very first twine story! This is a story of you saving your village from a bunch of meanspirited barbarians. A bunch of stuff happens in the middle as well. The humor is weird and the story even weirder still, so it's not for everyone...

Lyreless appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Games set in hell by verityvirtue
Games in which a major setting is hell, the underworld, Hades or some variation thereof. Omissions likely because I haven't played the game, and, as always, suggestions are welcome.

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Emily Boegheim on 2 December 2015 at 7:01am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item