Story File (zipped)
Contains Labour's Letters Lost.zblorb
download link on official site
For all systems. To play, you'll need a Z-Machine Interpreter with Blorb support - visit Brass Lantern for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Labour's Letters Lost

by Christopher Huang

Episode 3 of Peterkin Investigates
Mystery

"The dinner party is small, select, and discreet. But when a packet of sensitive letters disappears from Sir Arthur Cox's safe, the implications are severe...."
--blurb from <http://www.peterkin-investigates.com/game/index.html>

First Publication Date: September 28, 2016
IFID: B5C5B6E6-C66B-4EDF-91AF-5DBCB3AFA92D
TUID: pcprb1wdtn9ez7km

Fairly straightforward 'on rails' mystery Interactive Fiction, September 30, 2016
A tight little mystery game, but I'm not sure how I feel about it: I enjoyed the story and the red herrings, but the limited scope combined with the notebook feature made it feel a little constrained. I would not have been able to solve it without the 'write' feature, but that felt a bit like a hint/cheat system, as it gave me the answer.

In a way, these games feel a little bit like a distillation of IF mystery: search all the objects, talk to all the people, and the case is solved. Part of me thinks this would make a better Twine game, as Talk/Ask isn't particularly well implemented, and seems mostly a linear experience. "Talk to" character will accomplish most of what you need.

This is a fine game for a newcomer to IF, but the mystery doesn't unravel in a way that makes me feel particularly clever; the writing is good, but the actual experience of solving and finishing the game feels a bit loose.

Labour's Letters Lost on IFDB

The following polls include votes for Labour's Letters Lost:

IF created as a media tie-in by Felix Pleșoianu
Hello, everyone. I'm looking for IF pieces originally created as media tie-ins (i.e. as promotion/extras for a bigger project). The plan is to write an advocacy piece, but only two examples spring to mind: Emily Short's City of Secrets,...

This is version 2 of this page, edited by OtisTDog on 22 December 2016 at 11:19am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item