DOUCHEBAG.gblorb

Forgiveness Rating: Nasty
IFID: 98C7D0DA-8F33-11E4-A33E-B870F47911A8
TUID: hqpn4eyj3twe5dn3

Needs a tester, January 18, 2015
by Harry Coburn (Atlanta, GA)
Unfortunately, I could not get very far into this game due to some poor verb implementations. This game could really use some thorough going-over by a beta tester or two. I got stopped cold by the bartender puzzle:

(Spoiler - click to show)I had the crumpled ten-dollar bill from kicking the dog and entered the bar. I knew I couldn't pay for a martini by using my card from previous tries. I sat at the stool and tried "order martini". The bartender ask for payment. The following commands all failed:

pay bartender
pay bartender with bill
pay bartender with ten-dollar bill
show bartender the ten-dollar bill
give bartender the ten-dollar bill
give the ten-dollar bill to bartender
pay for martini
pay for martini with ten-dollar bill
put bill on bar (it gets put on the bar, if you're not carrying the straw, but the bartender ignores it.)

There are also disambiguation errors, door troubles, and missing descriptions. I'm interested in playing more, since it's fun to play villains sometimes. However, the game is getting in the way of the story.

A Return to Classic IF in Modern Ironic Style, January 19, 2015
by Daemon Pyrate ( Optional. For example, "San Diego, California," "Barcelona, Spain")
This game has scoring and the same sadistic humor I loved in the old games. This one, though, has heavy irony and (thank God!) the UNDO command. If you don't like twisted humor or you don't like The Onion, don't bother with this.

Everything in this game is ironic. There's a hilariously twisted ending for people who get to the end (the real end). It's a fairly easy game for people who get it (just like Catch-22 was a great novel for people who got it). The only tough part is getting all the points without using the hints at the end.

If you enjoyed DOUCHEBAG -- An Existential Adventure...

People who like DOUCHEBAG -- An Existential Adventure also gave high ratings to these games:

I'm Really Sorry About That Thing I Said When I Was Tired and/or Hungry, by Dietrich Squinkifer (Squinky)
"I'm Really Sorry About That Thing I Said When I Was Tired and/or Hungry" is a mostly-autobiographical story of how it was like growing up among several different cultures and not really fitting into any of them.

A Lady in Waiting, by Knight Errant
"A Lady in Waiting" is a historical romance set in 16th century Venice. Won second place in the 2008 minicomp.

A Tale of the Cave, by Snoother
No longer are William McGonagall's ruinous effects confined to poetry. A Tale of the Cave is the unlikely marriage between Scotland's notoriously bad poet and the classic cave-crawl genre. Made for the Ruin Jam 2014.

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Jonathan Blask on 4 February 2017 at 12:57pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item