Play online

30 kilogrammes

by verityvirtue profile

Utopian

A tiny utopia about packing.

First Publication Date: September 13, 2016
License: Free
Development System: Texture
TUID: grd6aro4dirbwu2h

Winner - Tiny Utopia Jam

., September 14, 2016
This is the first texture IF I've ever actually played till the end. It's a short, nostalgic and bittersweet game about a person packing up their bag and leaving their hometown for elsewhere. Perhaps permanently or temporarily. (isn't TinyUtopias about post-apocalpytic worlds?)

So you play these games by grabbing a word and placing it on the highlighted links to access more of the story, making it very interactive, almost like a point and click game, except it's all text. I'm not sure if CSS can be changed for texture yet since it's fairly new. But the highlighted words are red, indicating something may be sinister, or maybe that's just the default color. Texture naturally makes their games a warm color similar to old books and with this story theme, it makes for a sentimental vignette.

There were some grammar mistakes, I believe. But overall the game was fine and functional.

Pros: A nice interactive piece of exploring your house and bag, utilizing textures pick and drag actions.
Cons: Slight grammar mistakes or possibly glitches?

If you enjoyed 30 kilogrammes...

People who like 30 kilogrammes also gave high ratings to these games:

All Hail the Spider God, by Nelson
All Hail The Spider God is an eerie interactive fiction adventure about You, and all the Yous you've left behind.

Aquarium, by Hannah Powell-Smith
You're seventeen. It's dark in here. Aquarium is a story game about skipping school with a cute boy. There are multiple endings. You can play in your browser on most devices - Internet Explorer will not work, though, you have been...

It, by Emily Boegheim
"The rules of the game are easy. I'm It, so I go and hide. You and the others count to 50, then you have to look for me. If you find me, you have to get into the hiding spot with me. If you're the last person still looking for me, then...

This is version 2 of this page, edited by verityvirtue on 17 September 2016 at 10:31am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item