Play online

30 kilogrammes

by verityvirtue profile

Utopian

A tiny utopia about packing.

First Publication Date: September 13, 2016
License: Free
Development System: Texture
TUID: grd6aro4dirbwu2h

Winner - Tiny Utopia Jam

., September 14, 2016
This is the first texture IF I've ever actually played till the end. It's a short, nostalgic and bittersweet game about a person packing up their bag and leaving their hometown for elsewhere. Perhaps permanently or temporarily. (isn't TinyUtopias about post-apocalpytic worlds?)

So you play these games by grabbing a word and placing it on the highlighted links to access more of the story, making it very interactive, almost like a point and click game, except it's all text. I'm not sure if CSS can be changed for texture yet since it's fairly new. But the highlighted words are red, indicating something may be sinister, or maybe that's just the default color. Texture naturally makes their games a warm color similar to old books and with this story theme, it makes for a sentimental vignette.

There were some grammar mistakes, I believe. But overall the game was fine and functional.

Pros: A nice interactive piece of exploring your house and bag, utilizing textures pick and drag actions.
Cons: Slight grammar mistakes or possibly glitches?

If you enjoyed 30 kilogrammes...