The second link is to the Spring Thing entries, but the game is the same in both places.
Inevita.z5

ZCODE-2-030428-9819
TUID: cefpt9ubleq41v3w

Nominee, Best Puzzles - 2003 XYZZY Awards

Runner-Up - Spring Thing 2003

Your planet has been colonized and your fellow inhabitants massacred; you're supposed to be accompanying the ambassador of the colonizing planet, but something goes wrong and you're stranded on the (apparently) empty planet. Good large-scale puzzles and nicely done atmosphere--the underlying plot is a little familiar, but everything hangs together well. The REMEMBER verb fills in a lot of useful background detail. Solid, difficult in places.

-- Duncan Stevens

The writing was excellent; as mentioned above, the puzzles require a very clear visualization of the setting, and the location and object descriptions were more than sufficient for this. I only caught one typo, in an object description. The game was well-implemented; most things I tried to do or look at gave an appropriate response, and the default messages were altered to avoid breaking the mood (e.g., when you try to go in a direction without an exit, "After a moment's thought, you realize that you can't go that way."; or when you try to do something that's not allowed or not possible, "You scowl at the thought," or "You laugh at the thought.").
-- Mary Kate Alexander

Difficult, haunting Sci fi game about fixing a mechanical temple, February 3, 2016
Kathleen Fischer is one of my favorite writers, with the conversation game Redemption and the romance game Masquerade.

The game is a departure for her, consisting of one huge mechanical puzzle. However, it still includes her trademark writing and memory system.

You are alone on a world whose people you saw die 20 years earlier. You roam about, remembering the tragedy, and solving puzzles to get your tool to repair your ship.

The puzzles is fiendish, even on easy mode. Hard mode is well night impossible.

There is no walkthrough, but I found some hints on googles archives of the old rec.games.intfiction site.

I recommend it for fans of big puzzles or haunting atmosphere.

If you enjoyed Inevitable...