Alabaster

by John Cater, Rob Dubbin, Eric Eve profile, Elizabeth Heller, Jayzee, Kazuki Mishima profile, Sarah Morayati, Mark Musante profile, Emily Short profile, Adam Thornton profile, and Ziv Wities

Part of fractured fairy tales
Fairy tale

- alexvicegrab, October 28, 2016

- jenzwick, October 4, 2016

- missjith, April 24, 2016

An engrossing, short fractured fairy tale by numerous authors, February 3, 2016

I tried to play this game years ago on the iPad but failed. I'm very glad I have now finished it. It is a very interesting take on Snow White, mixed with other legends. It was a collaboration among many authors, and has eighteen different endings.

It works very well. The story is engrossing, and perhaps due to the large number of authors, it feels like most topics and commands have good responses.

This is a one room game, where you as the huntsman are with Snow White and a dead Hart in the forest.

- Teaspoon, January 29, 2016

Galatea Retold, January 17, 2016
by namekuseijin (anywhere but home)
A short but incredibly polished remake of Galatea featuring Snow White and you as the huntsman. This is the zeitgeist of parser conversation IF and it works marvels.

This is also Snow White retold, as we're presented to a very different Snow, grim like the Grimm Bros couldn't quite paint it. It's incredibly effective.

In conversation IF we don't set out to go walking to explore a region and conquer its secrets, no, we set out to walk down a conversation tree to explore characters' motives and secrets. When it's as engaging as here, it feels very rewarding.

While very original in its twisted plotting, once you know its secrets, replay value is a bit lowered. But getting a "good" ending can be tough, as it depends on both unveiling secrets and how well you steer the conversation. Besides quite a few actions you need to take. BTW, the conversation system works by regular expression pattern matching and thus is very easy to type out what you want. I also recommend typing CREDITS or ABOUT to see the options. And turning off tutorial mode.

I can't thank the authors enough for this.

- Simon Deimel (Germany), December 19, 2015

- Steven Watson (UK), December 13, 2014

- Janice M. Eisen (Portland, Oregon), November 11, 2014

- Sobol (Russia), November 11, 2014

- Khalisar (Italy), October 4, 2014

- Cody Gaisser (Inglewood, East Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Known Universe, ???), September 7, 2014

- IFforL2 (East Asia), May 19, 2014