Contains all Spring Speed-IF games
Contains Exterminate.zblorb
The Spring Speed IF games.
This is a pseudo-format used to represent download adviser records that apply to multiple formats. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

EXTERMINATE!

by Michael Martin profile

2008

First Publication Date: April 6, 2008
IFID: 5D10C99A-6D04-451B-81C3-C302947230F4
TUID: 4ygzc9qcj6rxhh1

Finds and fills a niche worth going over, March 18, 2015
by Andrew Schultz (Chicago)
EXTERMINATE! is a speed-IF that focuses really well on its concept. I saw the idea on move 2, but I didn't see the command to list everything you could do. But the game was nice and hinted me on move 6. This is an extra meta-puzzle, if you are curious, but only if you want to feel extra smug and brainy. I'm slightly sad I didn't, but I enjoyed the game well enough.

I was also highly amused that the game responded to a hidden command not listed. It was a juvenile try at profanity, and I'm impressed the author thought of a funny riff on the standard reject. It was also in good taste (Spoiler - click to show)the fella excluded another).

This is one game where I'd welcome an update version very much just because I bet it's hard to find everything in 3 hours, even if you (Spoiler - click to show)grep -i "ate$" complete-word-list.txt. Still, the game had more than enough. It's well planned, it doesn't overstay its welcome, and it has a few time-paradox jokes and alternate endings.

But this is enough. I shouldn't (Spoiler - click to show)Bloviate.

If you enjoyed EXTERMINATE!...

People who like EXTERMINATE! also gave high ratings to these games:

Hoosegow, by Ben Collins-Sussman, Jack Welch
Muddy's plan done landed you and your partner in the hoosegow. Now you're fixing to rectificate the matter before the marshal introduces you to the business end of a hangin' rope at dawn. Created for the JayIsGames Casual Game Play...

One Eye Open, by Caelyn Sandel (as Colin Sandel) and Carolyn VanEseltine
Had you known the bloody history of Corona Labs, you would never have signed up as a test subject. But now, plunged into that history, surrounded by the damned and the dying, you must find the truth. Perhaps you will even survive it.

Bear Creek, Part 1, by Wes Modes
Bear Creek, August 1975. Looking back, it was that summer, or maybe just that one day that changed everything. KC and the Sunshine Band was on the radio and you were eight years old. A curious daydreamer, on the verge of learning what...

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Dave Chapeskie on 29 April 2009 at 5:50pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item