Contains all Spring Speed-IF games
Contains Exterminate.zblorb
The Spring Speed IF games.
This is a pseudo-format used to represent download adviser records that apply to multiple formats. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

EXTERMINATE!

by Michael Martin profile

2008

First Publication Date: April 6, 2008
IFID: 5D10C99A-6D04-451B-81C3-C302947230F4
TUID: 4ygzc9qcj6rxhh1

Finds and fills a niche worth going over, March 18, 2015
by Andrew Schultz (Chicago)
EXTERMINATE! is a speed-IF that focuses really well on its concept. I saw the idea on move 2, but I didn't see the command to list everything you could do. But the game was nice and hinted me on move 6. This is an extra meta-puzzle, if you are curious, but only if you want to feel extra smug and brainy. I'm slightly sad I didn't, but I enjoyed the game well enough.

I was also highly amused that the game responded to a hidden command not listed. It was a juvenile try at profanity, and I'm impressed the author thought of a funny riff on the standard reject. It was also in good taste (Spoiler - click to show)the fella excluded another).

This is one game where I'd welcome an update version very much just because I bet it's hard to find everything in 3 hours, even if you (Spoiler - click to show)grep -i "ate$" complete-word-list.txt. Still, the game had more than enough. It's well planned, it doesn't overstay its welcome, and it has a few time-paradox jokes and alternate endings.

But this is enough. I shouldn't (Spoiler - click to show)Bloviate.

If you enjoyed EXTERMINATE!...

People who like EXTERMINATE! also gave high ratings to these games:

Fate, by Victor Gijsbers

Six, by Wade Clarke
Your name is Harriet Leitner, and you and your twin sister Demi turned six this morning! You're having a fancy dress birthday party, and this afternoon you'll be playing Hide and Seek Tip over in the park. You can't wait to catch all...

A Bear's Night Out, by David Dyte
"Tomorrow is the big Teddy Bear party, and you must definitely not let your owner forget about it..." [--blurb from The Z-Files Catalogue]

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Dave Chapeskie on 29 April 2009 at 5:50pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item