Contains all Spring Speed-IF games
Contains Exterminate.zblorb
The Spring Speed IF games.
This is a pseudo-format used to represent download adviser records that apply to multiple formats. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

EXTERMINATE!

by Michael Martin profile

2008

First Publication Date: April 6, 2008
IFID: 5D10C99A-6D04-451B-81C3-C302947230F4
TUID: 4ygzc9qcj6rxhh1

Finds and fills a niche worth going over, March 18, 2015
by Andrew Schultz (Chicago)
EXTERMINATE! is a speed-IF that focuses really well on its concept. I saw the idea on move 2, but I didn't see the command to list everything you could do. But the game was nice and hinted me on move 6. This is an extra meta-puzzle, if you are curious, but only if you want to feel extra smug and brainy. I'm slightly sad I didn't, but I enjoyed the game well enough.

I was also highly amused that the game responded to a hidden command not listed. It was a juvenile try at profanity, and I'm impressed the author thought of a funny riff on the standard reject. It was also in good taste (Spoiler - click to show)the fella excluded another).

This is one game where I'd welcome an update version very much just because I bet it's hard to find everything in 3 hours, even if you (Spoiler - click to show)grep -i "ate$" complete-word-list.txt. Still, the game had more than enough. It's well planned, it doesn't overstay its welcome, and it has a few time-paradox jokes and alternate endings.

But this is enough. I shouldn't (Spoiler - click to show)Bloviate.

If you enjoyed EXTERMINATE!...

People who like EXTERMINATE! also gave high ratings to these games:

Robin & Orchid, by Ryan Veeder and Emily Boegheim
High school journalists spend the night in a church, investigating reports of a ghost.

Coloratura, by Lynnea Glasser
Stolen away by apathetic Blind Ones, your only desire is to return to your Cellarium and the Song of the Universe. They should understand. You shall make them to understand.

Divis Mortis, by Lynnea Dally
The infection has spread. They are coming.

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Dave Chapeskie on 29 April 2009 at 5:50pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item