Online play
Download at textadventures.​co.​uk

BYOD

by n-n profile

Slice of life

Hoy empiezas tus prácticas de informática en una empresa. La compañía que te han asignado es McKenzie & Lloyds, un gigante del sector de la consultoría y los servicios profesionales (sea lo que sea eso). En la universidad te han podido proporcionar escasa información: solamente la dirección de la oficina y la fecha (hoy).

Language: Castilian (es)

CAAD

Reseñas en caad.es.

Fun Puzzle, Fun Toy, Substantial Plot, June 14, 2018
by IFforL2 (East Asia)
BYOD begins with the gender-neutral PC as a new employee in an awkward situation. It quickly gives you (Spoiler - click to show)a a fun toy, (Spoiler - click to show)a hacker app, to play with.(Spoiler - click to show) You can use it to help someone or to create mischief. (Spoiler - click to show)It reminded me of the magical language in Suveh Nux, but in a modern technological and bureaucratic setting. This makes me wonder, do hackers sometimes feel like wizards?

The author, n-n, was kind enough to email back and forth with me before I decided to write this review. He showed me how (Spoiler - click to show)the app can do even more than it initially appears to. He also told me that the NPCs are inspired by (Spoiler - click to show)stories of office harrassment he'd read and seen in the news.

n-n's English is perfect, as far as I can tell, and this work deserves a translation. I did not feel frustrated by the puzzle, because there was so much fun to have while figuring out the mechanic. I continued playing with it after I finished the reading. The plot revealed itself in an ingenius way that further increased the replay value. It also revealed something to me about my personal ethics when I'm being snubbed. I actually felt a bit (Spoiler - click to show)guilty once I realized (Spoiler - click to show)that I had been making trouble for the wrong NPC, who wasn't my antagonist at all! I just had to give myself a Groundhog's Day as a sort of apology to my own conscience.

If you enjoyed BYOD...

People who like BYOD also gave high ratings to these games:

El Archipiélago, by Depresiv
Average member rating: (1 rating)
Release 2 de 'El Archipielago', ganadora de varios Premios Hispanos 2004 Tus cansados ojos recorren la isla, esa isla a la que recientemente has transportado tu torre y a ti mismo, con la esperanza de pasar aquí­ los últimos años de tu...

All Things Devours, by half sick of shadows
From the game's about command: "All Things Devours is a short piece of interactive fiction, leaning strongly towards the text-adventure end of the spectrum. It explores an all-too-familiar science fiction paradigm in what I hope is a...

Castle, Forest, Island, Sea, by Hide&Seek
'Castle, Forest, Island, Sea' is a choose-your-own-adventure story that explores key questions in philosophy. Where will your chosen path lead you? From bickering birds to scary monsters, choose your quest and find your way out of the...

The following polls include votes for BYOD:

Games with Toys by IFforL2
I want to distinguish toys from three other IF game elements: Puzzles require the player to find a solution to a problem in the narrative. If she can't find a solution, she's stuck. Branching allows the player to steer the plot of the...

Great games that consist of a single puzzle by Spike
I'm looking for well-designed and challenging games that revolve around solving a single puzzle. The puzzle may have multiple parts, but the whole game needs to be essentially about solving that single puzzle.

One room games by cpuguy
I would like to know what one room games are available. I enjoyed the acorn court, and am looking for more similar games.

This is version 7 of this page, edited by n-n on 6 July 2017 at 9:06am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item