Helvera.zip
Contains HELVERA.AGX
AGX format
Requires an AGT interpreter - see Brass Lantern for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Helvera - Mistress of the Park

by Bob Adams

1990

Development System: AGT
IFID: AGT-03500-000029F7
TUID: 0xp665ei8al5vt40

While visiting a park you are trapped inside by an invisible barrier. You are then engulfed by fog, which prevents you from breathing, and you pass out. You come round in a dungeon and there come face to face with Helvera. She sends you (if she likes you) on a mission to find the seven magical spheres and place them on the Golden Altar, in order to lift a curse of darkness from her and the house. [...]

There are 54 locations, connections are all logical and well marked, and I found I didn't need to map. The total score is 500 some of which is gained by solving the main problems and some by placing the seven spheres on the altar. I found the scoring a good indication of my progress in the game. (Jean Childs)

Review for Helvera - Mistress of the Park, PD Demo Version
Written with some degree of competence, this AGT game does waffle on a bit in places, especially in the introduction where I think that possibly the author has got a bit carried away with the extra memory available. In other places, notably the location descriptions, the text is decidedly terse, typically restricted to one line's worth. Some nice touches shine through which have been continued from the CPC version, such as using 'X' for examine, and giving a list of many of the available verbs when "HELP" is invoked. (Grimwold)

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Eq on 21 May 2013 at 4:41am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item