guess.z5

Guess the Verb!

by Leonard Richardson profile

Humor
2000

"Now you too can GUESS THE VERB for fun and prizes! Read evocative and amusing room descriptions while manipulating interesting objects! Interact with the simulated motives and desires of quirky NPCs! No thesaurus required!" [--blurb from Competition Aught-Zero]

Current Version: Release 4
IFIDs:  ZCODE-1-861002
ZCODE-4-001210-3867
TUID: 35arqepm2q92hcqu

Off-Site Reviews

Here's a sentence I never thought I'd write: Guess the Verb is fun. In fact, I'll go even better than that: Guess the Verb is great! I was quite worried when I saw the game's title, fearing that I faced another Annoyotron, or at best a riff on the Textfire game Verb!. What I got instead was a highly enjoyable comp game that I'm eagerly looking forward to revisiting after the judging period is over. What a bargain! For one thing, the game is just screamingly funny. In fact, even the meta-game materials are hilarious. Not two minutes after loading up GTV I was giggling like a loon. My wife walked past and asked, "Good game?" "I haven't even started the game yet!" I replied. "I'm just reading the instructions!"

Page Update History

v.6: 29-Apr-2009 19:53 - Edward Lacey (Current Version) - Edit Page - Normal View
Changed external review links