Zipped Deluxe Edition
Contains Walker & Silhouette.t3
Windows version; story file for Linux and Mac interpreters; quick-start instructions.
This is a pseudo-format used to represent download adviser records that apply to multiple formats. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Walker & Silhouette

by C.E.J. Pacian

2009

Team up with a dashing detective and an iconoclastic flapper to solve absurd and unfathomable crimes in this interactive story - where you control the action just by typing or clicking highlighted words in the text.

Walker & Silhouette uses a similar keyword system to Blue Lacuna, and experiments with applying it to various forms of interaction: talk, investigate, solve puzzles and fight villains... using only single word commands.

Language: English
First Publication Date: December 9, 2009
TUID: u0fzm0lxlt9vb4fi

Off-Site Reviews

Emily Short's Interactive Storytelling
Latest playing: CEJ Pacianís brand-new game about an unlikely crime-fighting duo. Itís keyword-driven, a la Blue Lacuna but more so; that means itís easy, but not so easy that there arenít any puzzles at all. I think it took me 30-45 minutes to play, but I could be misestimating that. Thereís mystery, thereís wacky setting, thereís light romance. Looking back over the experience, I think itís best if you donít know very much about what to expect (like I didnít), so I wonít give much more detail than that. I liked it.

IndieGames.com
Walker and Silhouette is a short interactive fiction game about a pair of detectives named Nate and Ivy, working together to solve a case for the Oldchester Criminal Investigation Department. The interface is an easy one to use, all a user has to do is to click on a highlighted keyword to investigate further or progress the story forward. Occasionally certain words like leave, think and help have to be typed in, but these situations rarely occur and wouldn't cause too much of a convenience to any player.

The writing on display is good, the storyline is intriguing, and there are some clever puzzles designed just for the single keyword system.

Page Update History

v.10: 10-Dec-2009 03:38 - Autymn D. C. (Current Version) - Edit Page - Normal View
Changed language
v.9: 08-Feb-2017 16:43 - MathBrush
Changed genre
v.8: 30-Jun-2010 18:23 - Michael Roberts
v.7: 30-Jun-2010 18:21 - Michael Roberts
v.6: 28-Dec-2009 12:40 - C.E.J. Pacian
v.5: 16-Dec-2009 16:49 - C.E.J. Pacian
Changed version number, external review links
v.4: 11-Dec-2009 11:57 - C.E.J. Pacian
Changed title, author
v.3: 11-Dec-2009 11:57 - C.E.J. Pacian
Changed title, external review links
v.2: 11-Dec-2009 02:19 - Michael R. Bacon