ToasterCompNosrc.zip *
by David Welbourn

Got Toast?

by Jim Fisher

2000

You promised your girlfriend Beth a home cooked breakfast of eggs, bacon, toast, pancakes, and syrup. But considering you've only got bread and a new toaster in your kitchen, this may be a difficult promise to keep.

IFID: ZCODE-0-000818-7455
TUID: vy3x71efi2owus0z

Cute puzzle game, September 12, 2010
by Bernie (Fredericksburg, VA)
This game was an entry into the Great IF Toaster Contest, in which contestants were to design a game around a toaster. In this game, you have promised to cook your girlfriend breakfast if she stayed over. Alas, your refrigerator is empty and you quickly set off on an unexpected journey to find all the ingredients.

The introduction of the game warns you that it is easy to put the game in an unwinnable state. In many cases you'll get a blatant warning that this has occurred. However, you can perform a few silly actions that will also eliminate some needed objects (Spoiler - click to show)such as eating the toast. The puzzles are very fair and unique, simple enough to keep you engaged but tough enough to give you a feeling of pride upon completion of the game. The puzzles are the basis of the game and I recommend the game assuming the player likes puzzles. Those who enjoy a less puzzle-oriented game full of plot and characterization will probably find this game less exciting.

If you enjoyed Got Toast?...