Meeting Robb Sherwin

by Jizaboz

Slice of life

A slice-of-life adventure in Denver, Colorado.

IFID: 84EBF7A1-99AE-4C71-A6A2-F8C2F1B30572
TUID: 4lrxz5uhrraxp1kx

71st Place - 25th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2019)

A short and earnest real-life tale in parser format, October 4, 2019
Okay, this game is not a comp-killer. It's short, the puzzles are very easy, the plot is linear.

But it's just brimming with honesty and earnestness. This is a real-life tale of friendship and tribute. The protagonist doesn't sound like me; grabbing a 24% THC stash in Colorado and downing draft beers with buds isn't me. But that's okay; the thing I like about this game is that it's a window into another life, a window into a period of bonding and experience. The author has put his real self on the page (or at least made it look like that!) and it's so rare to find something like that.

And the simple game design makes for less bugs. There are some rough spots, but it wasn't too hard to get out of.

Here's to friendship!

If you enjoyed Meeting Robb Sherwin...