A Green Rain.zblorb

A Green Rain

by Jason Love profile

2010

An intentionally ambiguous entry in the Second Annual Metafilter IF Competition (2010).

First Publication Date: June 11, 2010
Current Version: Release 1
IFID: 70281039-5A7C-466D-904C-839A19B79FDC
TUID: 3xzjj7z5932w3lof

3rd Place - 2nd Annual Metafilter Interactive Fiction Contest

From the Author

Coming to it fresh, I kind of hate this game, and I kind of hate myself for making it. Having said that, it's the closest I've ever come to releasing a "complete" game.

There's a bug in the game's timing mechanism which makes one of the primary initial challenges more unfair than I intended. Until I release an update, players who don't want to muddle through the original unfair version should consider the following advice:

(Spoiler - click to show)You are carrying a notebook that will almost immediately be ruined by rain. Either read it as soon as possible, or your first three commands should be UP, IN, DROP NOTEBOOK.

In any case, It's too coy, too earnest, and too abrupt to amount to anything.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by JALove on 16 January 2012 at 6:54pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item