Spring 2020.z8

Spring 2020

by Phillip J Rhoades profile

Humor
2020

All you can do is eat or wait. There are two endings. There are no good endings.

Based on a random idea in a Twitter conversation.

I joked I was making it... then I made it.

First Publication Date: April 14, 2020
Forgiveness Rating: Cruel
IFID: 34EF9020-7EB1-11EA-9273-64006A3B60E7
TUID: zlqh0lpw3fmf8qor

Interesting game with limited choices leading to death either way, April 21, 2020
Much like life, there is nothing you can do to avoid death. All you can do is choose your path to the grave.

Obviously, Spring 2020 is a reference to the mass stay at home and shelter in place orders during the covid 19 crisis.

While there's not much to play in this abstract game, it serves well as a diversion and possibly a piece of art.

Eat or wait, either way you die, April 21, 2020
by Henck (Mozambique)
There appears to be rhyme nor reason to this game. You're in "NoPlace" and you can either eat or wait. Eat too much, die. Wait too long, die. Death is inevitable. In fact, the only way not to die is not to play. The author has even thoughtfully provided a restart function that allows you to die again, should you feel the need.

I may be missing the point and perhaps this game is actually highly philosophical, but I need more direction in the game to be able to understand the rich subtext it undoubtedly has. Why is it called "Spring 2020", for one thing? A clue could be hidden in that title, but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

One thing's a plus, though: I was done with my map for this game fairly quickly.

If you enjoyed Spring 2020...