Original browser game
by David Welbourn

Secret of the Starry Depths

by Felix Pleşoianu profile

Surreal

Secret of the starry depths is a very short game about a wannabe cave explorer who discovers that when things seem too easy, there's usually a reason. It was originally a demo for the experimental authoring system Adventure Prompt, but when the latter proved to be a dead end, the game was adapted for the Z-Machine and parser-based gameplay.

License: Artistic License 2.0
Development System: Custom, Inform 6
IFIDs:  1082E865-3FD0-46F5-B7F1-AC904EB57162
21C33404DB0F4392C5FBB3BCAA936068
TUID: yqpysrld1p16we16

Secret of the Starry Depths on IFDB

Secret of the Starry Depths appears in the following Recommended Lists:

My new walkthroughs for June 2020 by David Welbourn
On Friday June 26, 2020, I published new walkthroughs for the games and stories listed below! (The walkthroughs for Bullhockey! and Under the Bed were published in May, but I'm adding them to this list because I didn't make a list in May...

The following polls include votes for Secret of the Starry Depths:

Nontradiational Parser, Gamebook, IF and Systems by thecanvasrose
I'm making a list based on this poll as I play the elected games and can write snippets about them. See here: https://ifdb.tads.org/viewlist?id=3n6rheokfkcsntf - - - - - - - - - I'm looking for games which are: 》Neither parser nor...

This is version 4 of this page, edited by David Welbourn on 26 June 2020 at 3:01pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item