Girth Loinhammer and the Quest for the Unsee Elixir

Comedy

- Bardonious, January 8, 2020

- comfortcastle (Sheffield, UK), January 8, 2020

An amusingly fun way to spend half an hour, December 29, 2019

This choice-based game made me smile pretty much the whole way through. It's a short parody of fantasy role-playing gamebooks; it even comes with a character sheet to print and fill out. I enjoyed adding traits like (Spoiler - click to show)Orcular Trauma and (Spoiler - click to show)"Smooth Moves" (the latter in scare quotes, of course) to my character sheet.

The humor has a light touch. It's frequently sexually suggestive (the title is "Girth Loinhammer," after all), but it's on the level of Leather Goddesses of Phobos's "suggestive" mode.

All in all, an amusingly fun way to spend a half hour. (I played it twice, and after my second play I clicked the back button a few times to check out alternative endings.)

The Gaming Philosopher
Light fantasy game-book parody
I definitely enjoyed myself for the fifteen minutes it took me to play through twice; and that was surely precisely what was intended with Girth Loinhammer and the Quest for the Unsee Elixir. The author may want to raise the hit-to-miss ratio of the jokes if they want to create something longer in the future, but there was enough fun stuff here to carry this light little story. Recommended if you're in the mood.

You wrote this review - Revise it | Add a comment

- Karl Ove Hufthammer (Bergen, Norway), November 17, 2019

- Jacic, November 17, 2019

- Sobol (Russia), November 17, 2019

- dream, November 16, 2019

- jaclynhyde, October 10, 2019

A highly branching funny Twine game with pencil and paper activity, October 10, 2019
This game is fantasy game where you, Lord of a torture dungeon that is not serving its original purpose, must go on a quest to unsee terrible things.

There are many branches, and many variables. Instead of the game tracking the variables, you need to write down on a personal Adventure Sheet. It's possible to cheat, but the game does a good job of checking!

This is a funny game. It has some raunchy humor, but more in a 'nudge nudge wink wink' way than anything explicit. I found it enjoyable, if a bit silly and short.