H.M.S. Spaceman

by Nat Quayle Nelson and Diane Cai

Sci-Fi Comedy

On the H.M.S. Spaceman, the first anatomically complete human-shaped space ship, the crewmen are genetically engineered to fulfill one purpose: intergalactic domination. Their latest conquest: the alien rhizoXls of Planet rhizoX. With the dangerously high levels of testosterone on board, and the aliens' cryptic references to some upcoming "Big Bang," these surrender negotiations are bound to go juuuuust fine.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2018
TUID: xl939prg8rxyoiu8

70th Place (tie) - 24th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2018)

A racy space comedy, November 24, 2018
This reminds me in an odd way of a more optimistic and gender-swapped version of In The Friend Zone from a few comps back. In that game, you explored a world that was a giant woman.

In this, you are aboard a giant male-shaped spaceship. It is a riff on Star Trek and general science fiction tropes. In style, it reminds me of 80's college humor movie.

The level of explicitness is similar to Leather Goddesses of Phobos on Safe Mode.

It's polished, descriptive, and amusing, although I didn't personally care for the subject matter.

H.M.S. Spaceman on IFDB

The following polls include votes for H.M.S. Spaceman:

Trying to find a good comedy. by H. W. Wiliams
I'm hoping to find a good comedy IF title. I've been away for a while and want a good laugh before I head back to work. Any suggestions?

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Doug Orleans on 25 November 2018 at 6:07pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item