Santa Carcossa Nights

Development System: Quest 5
TUID: w02dhj94bugio6j

Entrant, Le Grand Guignol - EctoComp 2018

A big, fairly serious horror game by bitterkarella, November 8, 2018
bitterkarella is known for making horror-themed games in Quest, both serious and humorous.

This game has more styling than most, with hand-chosen fonts and neon colors.

The storyline seems well thought-out, and the setting is evocative. It all feels like an intense and overwhelming dream, the kind you wake from gasping for air. It starts out light-hearted but gets more intense.

This game has the usual problems Quest does, which I think are inevitable given the platform. Of all bitterkarella's games, this is the one I'd most like to see polished up in Inform or TADS 3.

If you enjoyed Santa Carcossa Nights...

People who like Santa Carcossa Nights also gave high ratings to these games:

A Crimson Spring, by Robb Sherwin
"Red Cloud meant more to me than anyone else on the planet. Sometime between one and three in the morning, on March 26th, 2015, she was brutally slain. Nobody knows why. I am going to find out if it means ripping this filthy city apart,...

Toby's Nose, by Chandler Groover
A murder most foul has been committed and Sherlock Holmes is on the case. You are his dog.

Acid Whiplash, by Ryan Stevens and Cody Sandifer
"Tooth beavers, hermits, phallic-shaped dust tomatos. Billed a living memorial to the wit, style, and unintentional genius of Rybread Celsius by Cody Sandifer." [--blurb from The Z-Files Catalogue]

Santa Carcossa Nights appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Ectocomp Games (All English Winners/Entries) by thecanvasrose

The following polls include votes for Santa Carcossa Nights:

Best of Quest by Denk
There are more than 600 Quest games on IFDB. Surely there must be a lot of bad Quest games, but there are certainly good ones too. It would be interesting to know, which ones are worth playing.

This is version 4 of this page, edited by CMG on 6 October 2019 at 12:10am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item