Santa Carcossa Nights

Development System: Quest 5
TUID: w02dhj94bugio6j

Entrant, Le Grand Guignol - EctoComp 2018

A big, fairly serious horror game by bitterkarella, November 8, 2018
bitterkarella is known for making horror-themed games in Quest, both serious and humorous.

This game has more styling than most, with hand-chosen fonts and neon colors.

The storyline seems well thought-out, and the setting is evocative. It all feels like an intense and overwhelming dream, the kind you wake from gasping for air. It starts out light-hearted but gets more intense.

This game has the usual problems Quest does, which I think are inevitable given the platform. Of all bitterkarella's games, this is the one I'd most like to see polished up in Inform or TADS 3.

If you enjoyed Santa Carcossa Nights...

People who like Santa Carcossa Nights also gave high ratings to these games:

Final Girl, by Hanon Ondricek
===NOTE: FINAL GIRL is no longer available due to technical issues with the Storynexus engine that cannot be resolved. A sequel/remake is in the works.=== Everyone is dead. You are still alive. The Skull Lake Stalker might have a trick...

Within a Wreath of Dewdrops, by Sam Kabo Ashwell and Jacqueline A. Lott

Zeppelin Adventure, by Robin Johnson
Piloting a tea-zeppelin on Mars is a lonely job, but this run is nearly over and then you're due for a holiday. That's unless you get sucked into a puzzly adventure involving pterodactyls, robots, paternoster lifts and space elves!

Santa Carcossa Nights appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Ectocomp Games (All English Winners/Entries) by thecanvasrose

This is version 4 of this page, edited by CMG on 6 October 2019 at 12:10am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item