Wom-Industrial Revolution

by TK, Megan, Sky

Historical

You are a young woman in the Industrial Revolution in Europe.

First Publication Date: June 2, 2014
Current Version: 02-Junn-2014
License: Public Domain
TUID: vy8fptej3bi5f82b

At first, I thought this was serious., July 17, 2014
by Hanon Ondricek (United States)
I thought this was yet another Twine simulation of the affronts experienced at the hands of men that are quite popular currently. Then I hit prose like this:

The massive industrial building pumps smog into the air at a breakneck pace. You can physically feel the disapproving, accusatory frowns of 21st Century environmentalists looming over you and your future workplace. You hear the sobs of orphans and puppies coming from throughout the area.

The prose is actually quite funny, and I enjoyed it a lot more once I realized it was a parody.

There are actually footnotes, and references, and art included to illustrate this poor pregnant protagonist with rotting teeth and a lagabout husband.

This would have gotten a 3-star, but the game crashed in the middle when I tried to get a job in the factory.

“Are you here to inquire about a job?”

“Yes.”

This opens a new browser window with a neocities site missing content. I'm just hoping this wasn't meta-humor showing the futility of factory work, but both the "Yes" and "No" options lead nowhere.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by actualglittertrash on 3 June 2014 at 12:02am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item