ill.z5

by Sean Barrett

2000

IFID: ZCODE-1-000218-5640
TUID: vphis4h7mqvb5w8q

Like its predecessor Aisle, I'll is a game where you have one turn to do something, and then the game ends. There's a reason for the game ending in one turn: it's the end of the world. It's an entertaining diversion, certainly, to find all the different endings. However, it's not as deep a game as Aisle. The range of handled actions is smaller, and every ending seems to belong to a different world; there's no sense of a shared reality between the divergences.

-- David Welbourn

If you like literature experiments, you should try the game. Absolutely.
-- Stas Starkov

An apocalyptic riff on Aisle, August 19, 2016
Like Aisle, this is a one-move game where every recognized command tells a little story before ending the game.

In this game, each move ends the world, at least for you, and in a different way each time. The tone is dramatic, sometimes veering into the melodramatic; it's hard to know if this is parody or not.

The game recognizes most commands like examine and so oj, but almost none of the directional commands work, which would have provided a good amount of commands to experiment with.

If you enjoyed I'll...

People who like I'll also gave high ratings to these games:

their angelical understanding, by Porpentine
I train to fight angels in a monastery by the sea. Wear headphones. TW: Suicidal ideation, ableism, abuse, possible epilepsy trigger.

Suveh Nux, by David Fisher
An entry in the 2007 One Room Game Competition. You play a magician's servant who gets trapped in your master's vault; you'll need to learn some of his tricks if you want to get out.

The Edifice, by Lucian P. Smith
"Something new in your everyday hunter-gatherer routine: where did this strange edifice come from? Dare you enter and explore the secrets of this... thing, or do you try to face your enemies? Like you have a choice." [--blurb from The...

I'll appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Surreal games on trains by MathBrush
There is an unusually large amount of surreal games on trains (maybe from the Dark Tower?). Here are the ones I can find.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Edward Lacey on 12 May 2013 at 11:46am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item