Mindful

by Ian Michael Waddell profile

My kitchen is my sanctuary..

Mindful is a game in which you create your own cooking blog. It is an entry in ECTOCOMP 2019 in the La Petite Mort category (under 4 hours creation time.)

First Publication Date: October 31, 2019
TUID: uytoe2fhm4nx931k

7th Place, La Petite Mort - ECTOCOMP 2019

A short Ectocomp game about a heart warming cooking blog, November 10, 2019
This Twine game has an interesting accretive feature: you build a blog post paragraph by paragraph by making different selections (such as for the name, etc.).

It's all fairly mild stuff, but the fact this game has content warnings should let you know it can't last forever.

Presentation is nice and smooth. Good for a quick bite.

An unusual emotional experience, January 30, 2020
by Lance Campbell (United States)
Mindful is a very short game that is difficult to review without creating spoilers for the story.

I played it without any context other than knowing that the author who wrote it also wrote one of my favorite 2018 games Animalia. Suffice to say I was ill-prepared and I'm very glad I was because I feel like I had the emotional experience the author intended for the piece.

So, don't read too much about Mindful before you begin. Just experience it as it is and enjoy the ride.

If you enjoyed Mindful...