Walk Among Us

by Roberto Colnaghi profile

A tribute to the Misfits. Written for EctoComp 2018.

Version 2: fixed typos and minor bugs, and a potentially unwinnable state.

First Publication Date: October 30, 2018
IFID: B21FDEB1-5953-4850-BD41-8B08859CC74A
TUID: ux665ah3dni7vu46

Entrant, Le Grand Guignol - EctoComp 2018

A short horror romp, like a music video, November 3, 2018
Playing this game felt like being in the video for Thriller or some other sort of famous creepy song.

It's largely linear, with a series of obstacles and strong hints on what to do (except at one point where I completely failed multiple times in a row at what turned out to be the last two puzzles of the game).

Some of the content of the game wasn't really up my alley (you follow a girl out of a bar because she's so attractive), but it was coherent, and everything meshed well with the opening.

If you enjoyed Walk Among Us...

People who like Walk Among Us also gave high ratings to these games:

Junior Arithmancer, by Mike Spivey
A one-to-many-room puzzler.

Sherlock Indomitable, by mathbrush
Join a dying Sherlock Holmes in a journey through his memories. Sherlock Indomitable is a direct adaptation of two Sherlock Holmes stories into a text adventure. At least 90% of the text is taken directly from Arthur Conan Doyle's...

Kaged, by Ian Finley
""But my madness speaks: It will but skin and film the ulcerous place, Whilst rank corruption, mining all within, Infects unseen." Welcome to the Citadel of Justice. The Inquisitor is waiting." [--blurb from Competition Aught-Zero]

Walk Among Us appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Ectocomp Games (All English Winners/Entries) by thecanvasrose

This is version 8 of this page, edited by Roberto on 22 December 2018 at 12:10pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item