angora.exe

Invasion of the Angora-fetish Transvestites from the Graveyards of Jupiter

by Morten Rasmussen

Horror/Satire
2001

"[Note: Windows users may not have msvbvm60.dll, which you'll need for this. You can get it from http://www.milori.com/developer/runtimes/]" [--blurb from Competition Aught-One]

Development System: Visual Basic
TUID: use74vnwza9ls442

44th Place - 7th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2001)

One of the first things that happens when Invasion (this year's entrant in the traditional comp sub-contest of "I-have-a-longer-sillier-name-than-you") begins is that it plays a song with a creeping bass line and a Shirley-Manson-like female vocalist. "Hey," I thought, pleased, "that sounds a lot like Garbage!" Little did I suspect how closely that comment would come to resemble my assessment of the game as a whole. Invasion claims to be "an interactive tribute to everything Ed Wood", the famously awful director of such cinematic nadirs as Plan 9 From Outer Space and Glen or Glenda. This, you might think, would give it some wiggle room in the quality arena. It turns out, though, that there's "entertainingly bad" and then there's just "bad", and sad to say, Invasion falls into the latter category.

A homebrew game with graphics and music but difficult design, July 16, 2017
Related reviews: 2-10 hours
This is one of several different executable games entered into the 2001 IFComp where you wander around a very large area and engage in random RPG combat.

I only played a few minutes of the game. The music and images were interesting, but I just had a hard time getting into the interaction; also, I could see from the walkthrough that this is a very very long game.

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Nathan on 20 October 2015 at 5:14pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item