EctoComp 2013 compressed file
Contains Fish Dreams.zblorb
This is a pseudo-format used to represent download adviser records that apply to multiple formats. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Fish Dreams

by Carolyn VanEseltine profile

First Publication Date: October 31, 2013
IFID: A082E72E-AB94-4D2B-95A7-78183A1750F0
TUID: u3dd6j9aldwyuuhk

13th Place - Ectocomp 2013

A tightly focused Ectocomp game about fish and memories, June 28, 2016
In this game, you okay a shark like creature who learns the story of two humans through an unusual mechanic.

This is an Ectocomp game, and that means it was written in 3 hours or less. The author made excellent design decisions here by severely restricting the scope of your actions and then implementing the remaining actions with a high degree of polish.

This is a gory game, but I didn't really notice the gore. You have only a few basic actions, but they allow you to slowly develop the story of the two humans in an interesting way. I liked it.

Brief story told as memories, March 9, 2014
by Doug Orleans (Somerville, MA, USA)
An interesting sketch of a story told through inspecting the memories of two characters, but I couldn't quite make sense of what conclusions we were supposed to draw. Also there's basically no choices in this game, except for one that prevents you from seeing half of the text.

If you enjoyed Fish Dreams...

People who like Fish Dreams also gave high ratings to these games:

Stargazer, by Jonathan Fry
The prologue to a much longer game, Stargazer features you as a young lad trying to escape the everyday routine of life underground. [--blurb from The Z-Files Catalogue]

Language Arts, by Jared Jackson
Are you a creative problem solver looking for career in an exciting and fast growing field? Do you seek out intellectual challenges that others are scared to face? Crystal Clear Communications, the world's leading corporate...

Rover's Day Out, by Jack Welch and Ben Collins-Sussman
Three hundred years ago, the Brazilian Space Agency discovered a rocky exoplanet only 38 light years from Earth. With a surface temperature of 1200 Celsius and nine times Earth gravity, it's hardly the sort of place you'd take your dog...

Fish Dreams appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Ectocomp Games (All English Winners/Entries) by thecanvasrose

The following polls include votes for Fish Dreams:

Non-human Perspectives by Rhetta_Lynnea
I'm looking for IF narrated by aliens, animals, anything.

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Zape on 5 December 2019 at 8:54pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item