Life in a Northern Town

by People + Places

An illegal solution to overwhelming debts leads to danger, deception, revenge and murder.

First Publication Date: April 6, 2018
TUID: tripjlpq996sqita

Entrant, Back Garden - Spring Thing 2018

A sprawling multi-platform tale about crime and love in North Dakota, April 8, 2018
Related reviews: 2-10 hours
This is a very large game/story, comprising 3 Twine stories, 1 inklewriter story, 1 Instagram album, and three wordpress blog entries.

Reading quickly, even skimming from time to time, it took around 3 hours to finish.

The story is compelling: an unemployed woman gets a business opportunity from her brother that's too good to be true.

It's gritty and dark. It's full of profanity, which I filtered on my computer. It's also completely believable.

I'm giving it 4 stars because the fifth star is for "would I play it again?" and while it was very compelling, I felt mildly traumatized by the time I was done.

If you enjoyed Life in a Northern Town...

People who like Life in a Northern Town also gave high ratings to these games:

The Sea Eternal, by Lynnea Glasser
In the enchanted underwater City of Glass, what will you sacrifice for immortality? Love, memories, freedom? Will you take freedom from others to win your heart's desire? Dive into a world of mermaids, mermen, and other merfolk, where...

Lyreless, by Bruno Dias
A man heads into hell to seek out his lost lover; there he has to decide how much of himself to leave behind.

So Far, by Andrew Plotkin
Sitting in a cramped theatre, irritated that your partner apparently hasn't turned up, you are strangely intrigued by a current of air. It will lead you to a place very different from your own familiar surroundings... [--blurb from The...

This is version 1 of this page, edited by CMG on 7 April 2018 at 8:48am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item