EAS2.zip *
Contains EAS2.BLB
also includes documentation and hints
eas2.zip *
Contains EAS2.BLB
original competition entry; also includes documentation and hints
eas2.blb

Baf's Guide ID: 1901
IFIDs:  GLULX-2-030112-DD9DB66F
GLULX-1-020925-82FFDDFE
TUID: toa3u84xtn0211en

Nominee, Best Game; Nominee, Best Writing; Nominee, Best Setting; Nominee, Best Puzzles; Nominee, Best Individual NPC; Winner, Best Use of Medium - 2002 XYZZY Awards

1st Place overall; 2nd Place, Miss Congeniality Awards - 8th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2002)

This game continues the charming vein of Earth and Sky, this time from the point of view of the brother in the brother-sister pair. This episode is longer than the first one, with relatively easy but well-designed puzzles and a compact, memorable setting. It features entertaining NPC dialogue, and advances the unfolding narrative arc quite nicely. Uses Glulx's multimedia abilities to include comic-book-style sound effects -- a very satisfying touch.

-- Emily Short

That super strength of Austin's is much more fun than I imagined. How many times have you wanted to break down a locked door only to be told something like "violence isn't the answer to this one?" Well, this time, you get to break those doors down. (Adam Myrow)

Mid-length superhero game; more developed but more repetitive than first game, February 3, 2016
I played Earth and Sky and this game, its sequel, this morning.

This game was enjoyable, and I enjoyed the varied environments and the fun use of powers.

This game features the superhero Earth, who can break things and jump very far. You navigate a small set of areas (I think six), each with an inside and an outside.

At first, and at the end, I really enjoyed playing around with the powers and learning about abilities. But I found the middle game repetitive, especially because you have to travel the map repeatedly and exits aren't undoable in the normal way (i.e. going east and west doesn't return you to where you started).

Overall, a good game, but I preferred the first one.

Featured on Radio K #1, April 28, 2015
by Adam Cadre (Albany, California)
Jess Haskins and I discuss Another Earth, Another Sky at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsPm1BUNxsU#t=33m04s

If you enjoyed Earth and Sky 2: Another Earth, Another Sky...

People who like Earth and Sky 2: Another Earth, Another Sky also gave high ratings to these games:

The Lost Spellmaker, by Neil James Brown
Spells are in short supply, and spellmakers are disappearing one by one. So your boss T sends you on a mission to find the famous Drew Tungshinach so that he may entertain the community further with his spells. [--blurb from The Z-Files...

All Things Devours, by half sick of shadows
From the game's about command: "All Things Devours is a short piece of interactive fiction, leaning strongly towards the text-adventure end of the spectrum. It explores an all-too-familiar science fiction paradigm in what I hope is a...

Andromeda Awakening - The Final Cut, by Marco Innocenti
The most important discovery in history. And then, the whole world goes crumbling down. Armed with but a computer and an expired railway ticket, how can one expect to save the day when the doomsday clock has begun ticking...?

Earth and Sky 2: Another Earth, Another Sky appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Best superhero games by MathBrush
These are games featuring superheros, with my thoughts on them. I haven't tried the Frenetic Five games yet.

Highly polished gameplay by Emily Short
Games that are exceptionally well-tested and smooth to play. They may not always be the most original works, but the implementation is strong, offering minimal frustration with guess-the-verb and other common flaws.

Übertweak playlist by Dannii
Playlist for Übertweak

The following polls include votes for Earth and Sky 2: Another Earth, Another Sky:

Multi-Part Games by Bloodsong
I was wondering just how many games out there, either completely text based, or text-adventure hybrids, are out there that involve a story line over the course of several games. I know for sure of the Sorcerer trilogy from Infocom...any...

Games with Difficult Puzzles and a Forgiveness Rating of Tough or Lower by Athe
While searching for games that were difficult, I found many games that had a very unforgiving forgiveness rating, which I don't find very appealing. I do like puzzles, however, so I would be interested in finding games with challenging...

Up, Up, and Away: IF starring super heroes by Molly
It's often been said that super-heroes are a poor fit for IF, given the reliance of the former on flashy, colorful costumes and fights. But let it never be said that some poor bastards didn't try. What are some notable attempts at...

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Edward Lacey on 20 January 2013 at 3:29pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item