Century

Development System: Adventuron
TUID: tlzis7z0mgdsrxjh

11th Place - Adventuron CaveJam

Simple puzzler stuffed full of bugs, August 7, 2020
Intrigued by the earlier one star review, and at the risk of giving this more reviews than it deserves, I had a look at this myself. Sadly, it seems the previous rating is more or less right. Ostensibly a simple puzzle game, of the sort that seems to spontaneously germinate from Adventuron, it is hugely marred by unnecessarily hidden objects, impossible to guess commands and an enormous extravagance of bugs that, if you were an electronic sparrow, would keep you sated for days (perhaps forever). But as a player, it's a rather maddening experience. On the plus side, I enjoyed the typical Adventuron bloopy noises and retro graphics, and this first-time author has obviously tried to do something that hasn't quite worked, so it feels mean to chastise too much. Two stars for the effort that has gone in.

Solid text/graphic adventure, August 6, 2020
by f-a
Century is a text/graphic adventure which reminds me of them 80s: simple text, cosy graphics, sensible puzzles, not much of a story.
I enjoyed it.

The Bad Old Times, August 6, 2020
A nice reminiscence of 1980's C64 cassette games. I'm now too old to wrestle a parser though.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by Dee Cooke on 5 August 2020 at 1:16pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item